It’s the start of October and that means in less than a month trick-or-treaters will be knocking on your door looking for ghoulish delights! Why not spruce up that front door now so it’s a showstopper not a scare?!
A freshly painted front door is welcoming to guests and illustrates pride in home ownership! The great news, too, is that the front door is one place where you can go bold without fear that it will be too overpowering.
That said, keep in mind that your home’s front door should compliment your home’s exterior paint or siding color, and that means it should be in a coordinating hue or one that provides a pop of color that seamlessly offsets it from the home and trim color.
Right now, some of the hottest colors for a home’s front door are bold teals, which look fabulous against fall’s harvest décor, and lush jewel tones, like copper, plum and framboise (raspberry). And, of course, a deliciously red hue is a classic and elegant choice anytime!
Plus, painting the front door can give you a lot of decorating bang for not a lot of bucks! Here are Gold Painting Inc.’s tips for getting a great look every time:
1) Remove the front door from its hinges and place it across sawhorses in a space that’s well ventilated.
2) Take off the door’s hardware and hinges, tape off any windows, and give the door a good scrubbing with an appropriate solvent.
3) Use wood filler to tend to any cracks in the door. Once dry, go over the filled in spots with a light rub of sand paper.
4) Get priming! Apply one even coat of primer to the entire door.
5) Paint the door using an angled brush to get in the grooves of any panels, which may be sunken in or raised, and use a roller to evenly spread the paint over the rest of the door. Apply a second coat as needed once the first is completely dried.
6) Consider getting new hardware for your “hue-tiful” newly painted front door, or reinstall your existing hardware.
7) Rehang your front door, and enjoy!
If you have any questions or concerns about painting your front door or your home’s exterior, contact Gold Painting today for a free, no-obligation consultation! In addition to offering superior interior and exterior painting services, as well as other interior maintenance services, we also provide premier exterior care and maintenance services for residential and commercial properties across Central Massachusetts and the Boston area.
We urge you to check out our photo gallery for a look at the interior painting and exterior painting projects we have completed for clients across the area. Be sure, too, to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Houzz.